I have a pretty poor routine of unintentionally touching my phone’s monitor, which generally success in going a web page ahead or back again in the reserve I’m looking through or leaving the YouTube video clip I’m observing — or likely to a unique TikTok movie than the a single I was just making the most of. In addition, if I have to take a cellular phone contact or response a Slack message, I can lose keep track of of the place I was.
Normally, this is an simple repair: I can just back again up to the earlier website page of the reserve or look at out my YouTube record. But sadly, it is not as uncomplicated with TikTok, which doesn’t have a very simple way to look at the historical past of which films you’ve viewed.
For illustration, the day I started out producing this, I accidentally swiped out of films I was looking at at the very least two instances and was not able to right away get again to them. And for the reason that I could not recall the identify of the creator, I was primarily sunk.
What to do?
Effectively, if I experienced been intelligent quickly adequate to “like” the video — or follow the creator — it would have been quick:
- Faucet on the “Me” icon in the reduced-proper corner.
- If you “liked” the video clip, tap on the heart icon down below your profile to see thumbnails of all the films you have preferred.
- If you are subsequent the creator, tap on the “Following” backlink just beneath your username to see a record of all the creators you’re adhering to. Then faucet on that human being to see thumbnails of all their films.
Even so, if you haven’t nevertheless preferred the video clip or are not following that creator — something that normally takes place to me — then the most effective way to locate your enjoy historical past is to obtain it.
- Go to your profile site (by tapping the “Me” icon in the bottom suitable), and tap on the 3 lines in the upper-appropriate corner.
- Pick “Privacy” > “Personalization and data” > “Download your data”
- Below the “Request data” tab, select whether you want to obtain your info as a TXT file or a JSON file, and tap “Processing request”
And wait. However, this isn’t a rapidly approach it could be at minimum 24 hours — or additional — prior to your knowledge is produced out there. Till then, if you go to the “Download data” tab, you’ll see a grayed-out “Pending” button.
It took about 3 times ahead of I saw the red “Download” button seem underneath the “Download data” tab. It took me to the world-wide-web edition of TikTok, exactly where I had to sign in once again and was last but not least ready to download a zipped file of my facts. When I unzipped the file, I went to the Exercise folder, where I found text data files for Favourite Outcomes, Favorites Seems, and so on — along with a single labeled “Video Searching.” It was there I ultimately located a checklist of dates and URLs for the video clips I’d been on the lookout at.
Once your information is obtainable, you will be ready to download it for up to 4 days. By the time you lastly get it, of class, you may perhaps have absolutely neglected which movie you wanted to go again to or why. But it doesn’t harm to have a document of all the films you’ve looked at — and you may be stunned at just how quite a few there are.